These are the fastest-growing jobs for young professionals
According to the financial website’s findings, the job itself grew by 33 percent from 2014 to 2018, while the number of young professionals taking those roles have increased by 113 percent.
Following human resource managers were: nurse practitioners, environmental scientists and geologists and civil engineers, making up the top four.
In fifth place, database administrators and physician assistants tied.
For its findings, SmartAsset compared employment data from 2014 and 2018, using information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The website’s report included only jobs that need a bachelor’s or advanced degree. It also only included occupations that had more than 15,000 employees between 25 and 34 years old in 2014.
For SmartAsset’s full ranking, here are the fastest-growing jobs for young professionals.
1. Human resource managers
2. Nurse practitioners
3. Environmental scientists and geoscientists
4. Civil engineers
5. (Tie) Database administrators
5. (Tie) Physician assistant
7. Software developers, applications and systems software
8. Computer systems analyst
9. Industrial engineers, including health and safety
10. Probation officers and correctional treatment specialists
11. Market research analysts and marketing specialists
12. Purchasing managers
13. (Tie) Aerospace engineers
13. (Tie) Financial analysts
15. Producers and directors
18. Architects, except naval
19. Medical scientists
20. General and operations managers
21. Administrative services managers
22. (Tie) Computer control programmers and operators
22. (Tie) Physical therapists
22. (Tie) Logisticians
22. (Tie) Health practitioner support technologists and technicians