Macro Voices Podcast
Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Eric Peters to MacroVoices. Erik and Eric discuss:
- Was the market dislocation inevitable or was it caused by the Coronavirus?
- Will there be even worse economic downturn due to governments bail-out policies?
- Risk-hedge long-vol portfolio management strategies
- The concept of trend following: how is it used?
- What are the consequences of the recent record-setting monetary stimulus?
- What limitations will central banks face if we move into a secular inflation environment
- What are the major implications of the current economic state?
Download the podcast transcript: [Click Here]
We strongly recommend that you download the chart book that accompanies this episode, as Erik and Patrick will refer to it throughout postgame. If you are already registered at MacroVoices.com, just login and the download link will appear here once you’re logged in. If you haven’t already registered, click the red “Subscribe for FREE” button on the top right side of the home page, and register. Once logged in, you will see the download link(s) and will be able to download the PDF document(s).
Eric Peters is the Founder, CEO, and CIO of One River Asset Management. Eric oversees the Firm’s business development and strategic initiatives and serves as Chairman of the Investment Committee. Prior to founding what is now One River in 2013, Eric served as Chairman of Grant Capital Partners, a $1.25 billion discretionary global macro hedge fund. In that role, Eric was a senior member of the Investment Committee focused on thematic investment opportunities and was responsible for all non-investment activities including the direct oversight of the Chief Risk Officer. Over the course of his career, Eric has held various positions that include portfolio manager for Peloton Partners, proprietary trader for both Lehman Brothers and Credit Suisse, and Founder and Chief Executive Officer of a TH Lee Putnam funded technology firm.
Eric holds a B.A. in Business Economics from Brown University and is author of a private weekly investment newsletter – Weekend Notes – which is read globally by investment professionals who directly deploy over $1 trillion in alternative assets.