House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) fired off a letter to ABC News President James Goldston demanding to know why the network shelved a story on Jeffrey Epstein after an accuser gave a detailed interview with reporter Amy Robach.
Robach was featured earlier this month on an undercover video released by Project Veritas, in which she reveals she had the Epstein story three years ago, but that it was shelved because she was told “no one knows who [Epstein] is,” and that it was a “stupid story.” She also alleged that Epstein might have been murdered according to the Washington Examiner.
McCarthy’s letter was revealed by journalist Megyn Kelly on Sunday.
McCarthy, in his letter to Goldston, demands answers behind the network’s decision not to air Robach’s story. He asks the network six questions and they are:
1. Will ABC News provide Congress the interview Ms. Robach conducted with the victim?
2. What did ABC News learn about Jeffrey Epstein after Ms. Robach first presented her story to executives?
3. Who was involved in deciding this story was not of public interest, and what were there reasons for deciding so?
4. Can Ms. Robach expand on the “outside forces” she mentioned as potentially responsible for the story not running?
5. Was ABC News ever presented with additional evidence on Mr. Epstein from the time Ms. Robach first brought her investigation too the network and when he ultimately arrested?
6. Were authorities alerted at any time after Ms. Robach presented ABC News executives with her reporting? If so, when and what was provided?
The ABC News employee, Ashley Bianco, who recorded Robach’s remarks, which she has since downplayed, was fired from her most recent role at CBS News. Kelly aired an exclusive interview with Bianco. –Washington Examiner
Explaining their decision after the Veritas video, ABC News “at the time, not all of our reporting met our standards to air,” while Robach said in a statement: “I was caught in a private moment of frustration,” adding “upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn’t air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence.”
Watch the Veritas video below: